With this project, we are closely involved in preventing the spread of corona. We started the project in collaboration with the Councilor Mr. Nomatter Murisa, in close collaboration with the village heads and village health workers to make information available in local languages. We emphasize hygiene and start a hand washing project at every water pump. Women must wash their hands at the location of the water pump before using the pump. They also receive a flyer with information about (the appearance of) corona with drawings and images on one side in Shona and on the other in Ndebele. The village head and the health worker in the village are responsible for the handwashing project, in collaboration with the Councilor. That means:
- The village health worker manages access to the water pump;
- The village health worker gives information to the women who come to the water pump;
- The village health worker in the village instructs “social distancing”;
- The village health worker gives a flyer to the same women;
- The women wash their hands (water bowl and soap via Mpilo Foundation) before they can go to the water pump;
- The Councilor monitors and supervises.